The EMSBTC was formed on the 19th July 1950 with 25 founder members in the Northampton Arms, St Nicholas Street, Leicester. The first Secretary was Bertie “Diamond Bill” Adams. Several social events were held in the early days with the first show being a Members Limit Show held on 16th December 1950 at the Cossington Street Baths, Leicester. Mr G Dudley “Wychbury” judged on that occasion and he awarded Best in Show to “Wander of the Dam”
Our first Championship show was held on 26th November 1977 at the Recreational Hangar, Derby Road, Loughborough. On this occasion Mrs J Hemstock ‘”Jolihem” judged, awarding the Dog CC to Champion “Pitfighta Dark Duke” and the Bitch CC to Champion “Kinderdijk Petite Cherie”, who then went on to take Best in Show.
In 2000 the East Midlands celebrated its Golden Jubilee Championship Show on 5th November at Hinckley Leisure Centre, where Dogs were judged by Mrs Maureen Ward (Zabaetts) and Bitches were judged by Mr Malcolm Boam (Fulfin). The Dog CC went to Takilla Ellies Delight with the Bitch CC and BIS being awarded to Ch Sallys Our Choice and BPIS going to Tikkurilan Wicked Witch.
2010 was our Diamond Jubilee (60th anniversary), Our judges for this celebratory Show on 7th November Mr Alan Hedges ‘Ramblix’ (Dogs) and Mr David Lee ‘Socksdown’ (Bitches) and Referee for the occasion was Mr Derek Smart.
The East Midlands Staffordshire Bull Terrier Club is proud of its heritage and the fact that it is considered one of the premier Clubs with a strong membership, and a hard working team on its committee!